At Contemporary Cosmetic Dentistry, we are entirely dedicated to your comfort and safety. Part of our commitment to our patients is the utilization of state-of-the-art dental technology in a number of our general treatments and cosmetic dentistry procedures.
John Schmid, DDS, works with each patient on a case-by-case basis to determine what technology is best suited to ensure you receive the comprehensive dental care you deserve. Call our office in Austin, Texas, at 512-329-5967 to schedule your appointment.
Our Advanced Equipment
Dental technology we currently offer includes:
- Soft tissue laser: For the treatment of ulcers as well as the sculpting of gum tissue, our soft-tissue laser allows Dr. Schmid to safely and painlessly perform even the most advanced dental services in a fraction of the time once required and all without the risk of bleeding or infection.
- K7, joint sonography and TENS Unit: The K7 Evaluation System and joint sonography units allows Dr. Schmid to detect TMJ and other neuromuscular disorders. The TENS Unit is an advanced TMJ treatment that uses gentle electrical pulses to relieve muscle tension and pain while restoring proper bite alignment.
- Digital X-rays: Producing up to 90 percent less radiation than traditional X-rays, digital radiography provides Dr. Schmid instant images of your teeth, gums, and jaw for diagnostic and treatment planning purposes.
- Intra-oral camera: As both a diagnostic and educational tool, Dr. Schmid can use an intra-oral camera in cosmetic and general dentistry consultations to provide you with a comprehensive view of the dental issues he finds. This empowers you to make informed decisions about the treatment options Dr. Schmid recommends.
- Whisper-quiet hand pieces: Dr. Schmid uses electric hand pieces to reduce friction-related heat and post-operative sensitivity. These hand pieces turn slower than their air-driven alternatives, reducing both noise and discomfort for our patients.
- Mercury filtration system: We are one of only a few dental practices in Texas offering a mercury filtration system. This system prevents mercury lamp waste, a common byproduct of dental fillings, from entering the Edwards Aquifer. We see this piece of technology as part of our responsibility to protect Austin's spectacular natural environment and as a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our community.
As dental technology advances, so too do our offerings. Dr. Schmid remains actively involved in continuing education and professional organizations to ensure he is made aware of and trained in advanced dental techniques.
If you are looking for a technology-driven dental office in the Round Rock or Austin areas of Texas, please contact Contemporary Cosmetic Dentistry by calling 512-329-5967 to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Schmid today.