Many teenagers and adults suffer from crooked teeth. In addition to not being aesthetically pleasing, crooked teeth can cause problems such as tooth decay because it is difficult to clean them thoroughly.
In the past, the traditional treatment for crooked teeth was braces. However, nowadays we have more sophisticated technology that allows for teeth straightening without the need for unattractive and uncomfortable metal braces. ClearCorrect are transparent aligners similar to Invisalign that are much more comfortable and easier to wear than braces.
Austin cosmetic dentist Dr. John Schmid offers ClearCorrect as a braces alternative for adults and teens who are good candidates. To learn if ClearCorrect is right for you, call Dr. Schmid at 512-329-5967 to schedule your consultation.
What Is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is a series of transparent aligner trays custom-fitted to the patient's teeth and designed to move the teeth into position little by little. Because the aligner trays are clear, most people won't even notice you're wearing them.
ClearCorrect is great for people who have:
Am I A Candidate?
If you have severe crookedness or bite problems, ClearCorrect may not be the best choice. For more complicated cases, traditional braces may be a better option. Dr. Schmid will examine your teeth and let you know if you are a good candidate for ClearCorrect during your consultation.
How Does ClearCorrect Work?
ClearCorrect works by gently moving the teeth into a better position with a series of custom aligner trays. These trays are crafted using state of the art 3D computer technology, and are designed to efficiently and effectively move your teeth progressively into place.
Most patients will change aligner trays every two weeks, and come in for follow up appointments every 4 to 6 weeks so that Dr. Schmid can check your progress and make adjustments if needed. You'll need to wear your aligners all day and night, only taking them off to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
Benefits of ClearCorrect
ClearCorrect aligners have a number of benefits over traditional braces, including:
- Removable: Being able to remove the aligners to eat, brush, and floss means that you don't have to avoid certain types of food, and you don't have to worry about food particles getting stuck in your braces and causing plaque buildup and stains.
- Invisible: Many people don't like the thought of wearing braces that everyone can see. With ClearCorrect, chances are that no one will even notice unless you point it out.
- Easier to care for: Brushing and flossing can be a pain with braces, and people often find that it's difficult to maintain a high level of oral hygiene. With ClearCorrect, you just take the aligners off and brush and floss like normal, and the aligners themselves are easy to clean.
Risks of Leaving Crooked Teeth Untreated
In addition to the specific benefits offered by ClearCorrect, there are a number of benefits to having your teeth straightened in general, whether through aligners or traditional braces. Crooked teeth can cause many problems with oral health and hygiene, including:
- Tooth decay because of being unable to clean teeth properly
- Difficulty chewing
- Headaches and jaw pain due to misaligned bite
- Increased wear on teeth
- Increased risk of gum disease
If you have crooked teeth, don't hesitate to schedule your consultation with Dr. Schmid to see about options for straightening them. In addition to helping improve oral health, patients often find that having straight teeth helps them feel more self-confident in social situations and when having photos taken.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are interested in ClearCorrect invisible aligners to help straighten your teeth, call Contemporary Cosmetic Dentistry at 512-329-5967 today to schedule your consultation. Dr. Schmid serves patients in Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, and other nearby areas of Texas.