Dr. John Schmid of Austin, TX, is a quality dental provider in his community, offering complex services such as full mouth reconstruction. When damaged, lost, or imperfect teeth affect the smile's function and appearance, it may be time to consider full mouth reconstruction services. This is a special blend of restorative and cosmetic treatments chosen by you and your dentist to repair the smile and address common imperfections and complaints.
What treatments are involved when completing full mouth reconstruction?
Each full mouth reconstruction plan is customized to a patient’s unique needs and may include any combination of the following:
- Dental bridges. A dental bridge replaces missing teeth, using adjacent teeth for support of the porcelain restoration.
- Dental crowns. Dental crowns, sometimes known to patients as "dental caps," are used to cover and protect teeth that have been damaged or weakened due to decay, trauma, or other causes.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are the most advanced way of replacing missing teeth as they are a permanent and secure solution. They provide an option for restoring single or multiple teeth without affecting adjacent natural teeth.
- Periodontal disease treatment. Treating gum disease is necessary to restore bone, gums, and teeth placement after the infection has caused damage to the smile.
- Root canal therapy. Also referred to at "endodontic therapy," root canal therapy saves a tooth from extraction when infection and damage have occurred deep within the tooth’s structure.
- Dental fillings. Composite resin materials are used to fill areas of decay and seal the tooth to avoid the risk of infection. It is a safe and biocompatible material that looks just like natural tooth enamel.
- TMJ treatment. The jawbone that hinges the upper and lower jaws is known as the TMJ, or temporomandibular joint. When problems arise with the muscles and joints, they can cause pain and discomfort. Treating TMJ can reduce issues that may impact comfort and the function of the smile.
- Orthodontic treatment. In some cases of full mouth reconstruction, we may use ClearCorrect orthodontic treatment to realign the teeth in the dental arch for proper alignment and functionality of the bite.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for full mouth reconstruction?
If you reside in the area of Austin, TX, and want to speak to Dr. John Schmid and his team about undergoing full mouth reconstruction, call 512-329-5967 to request an appointment. He is proud to offer contemporary cosmetic dentistry solutions for patients in the community and offers Saturday appointments for both new and current clients.