A dental makeover, also referred to as a smile makeover, is a customized combination of dental procedures designed to achieve your smile goals. A dental makeover can address a variety of cosmetic and functional concerns at once, allowing you to completely transform your smile.
What Issues Can A Smile Makeover Improve?
A smile makeover can be customized to correct the appearance, function or health of your teeth and gums, such as:
- Discoloration and staining
- Uneven, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Gummy smiles
- Disproportionate teeth
- Missing teeth
- Worn teeth
- Misaligned bite
Dental Makeover Procedures
Your smile makeover will be completed over one or more appointments with our experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. John Schmid. The time it takes depends on which treatments you and Dr. Schmid choose for your makeover. We offer a complimentary consultation and a dental examination to determine the best procedures to meet your smile goals.
There are a variety of treatments that can be combined to form your personalized smile enhancement, including:
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are custom, natural-looking shells that cover the surface of your teeth to fix a wide variety of cosmetic issues. Veneers are often part of a smile makeover because they address a wide variety of cosmetic problems, including stains and gaps between teeth.
- Dental bonding: Bonding is the process of molding a composite resin onto a tooth, thereby fixing a chip or filling a small gap between teeth. This can be a less costly alternative to veneers, though the resin is not as strong as porcelain and cannot address all of the same cosmetic flaws.
- Teeth whitening: We offer safe and effective options to brighten your smile, available in take-home trays or in-office treatments.
- Gum lift and contouring: If you have excess gum tissue, it may make your teeth appear small or disproportionate. A laser gum sculpting procedure can gently and accurately reshape your gum line for a more balanced appearance.
- Dental implants: These implants are a long-lasting way to replace missing teeth. Dental crowns or bridges are securely attached to a titanium post beneath your gums, providing a sturdy and natural looking tooth replacement.
What to Expect After a Smile Makeover
The recovery time after a dental makeover varies from person to person because of the different procedures involved. With a treatment like teeth whitening, there is no recovery time. For a procedure like dental implants, you will have a recovery period that often involves several days of swelling. Regardless of the procedures involved, Dr. Schmid will let you know what to expect from recovery and will give you care instructions to follow.
After this cosmetic makeover, you want to make your results last by properly caring for your new smile. This includes not smoking during the healing process and developing a good oral hygiene routine. Additionally, you should avoid activities that our teeth aren’t meant for, such as chewing on hard items like pens and ice cubes, or trying to open or tear things. One of the most important things you can do to maintain the longevity of your results is to schedule regular dental checkups going forward.
Schedule Your Consultation with our Austin Dentist
At Contemporary Cosmetic Dentistry, we want everyone to feel confident in their smile. Call 512-329-5967 to schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss how Dr. Schmid can transform the appearance and functionality of your smile. We serve patients in Austin, Bee Cave, Lakeway, and other nearby areas of Texas.