Posted: July 11, 2022
Are you considering getting veneers? If so, you're not alone. Many people choose to get veneers to improve the appearance of their teeth. Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that adhere to the front of your teeth.
You can use them to improve your teeth' shape, size, and color. This blog post will give you all the information you need to know about veneers, including the pros and cons and the cost.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain or other material bonded to the front of teeth to change their appearance. They are used to improve the appearance of teeth that are discolored, damaged, or misshapen. Veneers can also help to close small gaps between teeth.
Before deciding on veneers, weighing their pros and cons is crucial. Some of the potential benefits of veneers include:
- Veneers can help correct a wide variety of aesthetic dental issues, including cracked, chipped, or discolored teeth.
- Veneers consist of thin pieces of porcelain that are custom-made to fit over your existing teeth. This makes them much less invasive than other types of cosmetic procedures.
Getting veneers has pros and cons like anything else in life. A few of the cons include:
- They are not a natural part of your teeth and can look fake.
- Regular maintenance, such as cleaning and polishing, is required to keep them looking their best.
- Certain foods and drinks can stain them, so you may have to avoid certain items in your diet.
- They can be costly, and insurance may not cover the procedure.
The cost of veneers
Veneers are not a cheap treatment, but the cost can vary depending on several factors, such as the number of veneers you need, the type of veneers you choose, and the dentist you go to. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $2000 per veneer.
The bottom line
The bottom line is that veneers can give you a beautiful, healthy-looking smile. If you are unhappy with the way your teeth look, veneers may be a good option.
If you're looking for a cosmetic procedure in Austin, look no further than Contemporary Cosmetic Dentistry. John Stuart Schmid, DDS, is known as "The Veneer King" and offers a 5-year guarantee on veneers. Please call 512-329-5967 for more information.